bioCSL (NZ) Ltd understands the importance of safeguarding the privacy of information that we collect from our on-line visitors via the Internet. Because the Internet offers the ability to collect certain types of information, we have set out below the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of the information we gather.
Capture of Information:
Through the websites which bioCSL operate, we may collect two types of information about you:
- Personal information which is provided voluntarily by you upon registration for the services that we offer. Normally, this information includes your first and last names, title, email address, location address and office telephone number. You may view and have this information modified by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . From time to time, bioCSL may collect additional personal information from users of the website in connection with optional surveys, news updates or promotions that you are asked to participate in through the website. Providing this information is optional. Feedback from surveys will be used to improve the website.
- Compiled information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic, but which does not relate to you personally.
We only use your personal information to:
- Help us to provide our products and services;
- Improve our service;
- Inform or keep you updated on products or services you have indicated an interest in;
- Inform or update you about additional services.
Disclosure of Information:
bioCSL may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- When required to do so by law; or
- After seeking your prior permission before doing this. Permission is usually obtained at the time of collecting the information from you.
We will not use your personal information without taking such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading.
Personal information collected by bioCSL may be transferred to other websites of bioCSL where it is necessary for the purposes for which you submitted the information. By submitting personal information on bioCSL’s website, you consent to transborder transmission of information provided that such information remains in the control of bioCSL.
Cookies and Tracking:
We may, via the website, set and access “cookies” on your computer to provide assurance that our proprietary content and third party content is only accessed by users with appropriate authorisation to the website. Many browsers recognise when a cookie is offered, and allow you to decide whether to accept it. The cookie file is completely anonymous and provides no personal information about website users. bioCSL often uses the information generated by cookies to:
- Measure or monitor patterns of usage to and from our websites. For example, the pages you visited, the time you spend on each page, the date you visited and referring pages;
- Ensure any advertising displayed on our site is reaching its correct audience; and
- Ensure that you are able to enter our websites without having to log-on every time.
To prevent unauthorised access, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure appropriate use of any personal information supplied by you, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial processes to protect the information you provide on the website. Additionally, all stored user information is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
- Elect not to receive future similar communication from bioCSL; or
- Elect to continue to receive future similar communication from bioCSL.
Links to other websites:
Duration of storage of personal information:
bioCSL will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
The Privacy Act (1993):
Your personal information is kept on our own computer and is totally secure. You have the right at any time to have access to, and update, correct or remove the information about you that we hold. If you do not wish to receive future information about our products, all you have to do is write to us at bioCSL(NZ) Ltd, PO Box 62 590, Central Park, Auckland 1544; email us at email@example.com; or freephone 0800 502 757.